Migis Lodge began life in 1916 as “National Camps,” built by Charles Goodrich who also owned the Songo River Line, a steam boat that was the final leg for travelers coming from Boston.
In 1924, ownership passed to Charlotte Gulick, who also co-founded the Campfire Girls and renamed the Lodge “Migis”. The Gulick family still operates the nearby Wohelo Camp for Girls. From 1945-1968, Migis was owned by Sherm and Mabel Crockett and their son George, and then moved on to Gene and Grace Porta in 1968, who had previously operated resorts on Martha's Vineyard. Their son Tim and his wife, Joan, purchased the property in 1978; they manage it to this day, along with their youngest son, Jed.