About 4:40 pm, November 25, 2011, overlooking the terrace.
“You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.” ~G.K. Chesterton
I tried something I heard on the radio last year and thought it was great! Fill muffin tins (sprayed) with leftover stuffing, with a little dip in the middle. Crack an egg into each and bake.
Here’s a more sophisticated version of the same, from ohboykarencooks.blogspot.com
Baked Eggs with leftover stuffing
This is an easy and delicious light dinner, or you can serve it for breakfast.
Put some leftover stuffing into a ramekin and press it on the bottom and up along the sides. Put a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of cream in the ramekin and broil on high for three minutes, or until the cream and butter are hot and bubbly.
Crack an egg and pour it into the ramekin. Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper. Broil for 5-6 minutes until whites are almost set. The eggs will continue cooking after you remove them from under the broiler.
This is very good… the stuffing gets crispy on the edges and the eggs were done perfectly! If you haven’t used up all your stuffing (or dressing) yet, you might want to give this a try!
A quick survey here in the office among myself, Sarah, Robyn, Scott and a guy from across the hall who came in to introduce himself reveals we go with the classics…………calls for a further phone survey, I think.
1) 4 votes for various turkey soups made by various moms, none present!
2) big sandwich of two slices bread, stuffing, cranberry sauce, lettuce and mayo heated in the panini grill (I want to try that!)
3) heaped plate reheated in the microwave.
4) turkey quesadilla with jack cheese, scallions and cranberry sauce. Like this!
5) put all the leftovers in a blender with some tequila and make turkey margaritas. Wishbone garnish, of course.
6) Wonderbread (!), mayo, CANNED cranberry sauce, stuffing, turkey. Push down hard.
How about you? Happy day after Thanksgiving to all!